From 9 to 15 October, the eighth highly-anticipated encounter with the Italian and international wine business will once more enliven the streets of the city’s luxury shopping district. For the first time, as well as special format and vintage bottles of wine, the charity auction by Christie’s will also offer special “experiences” in award-winning restaurants, wineries and museums of Members of Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia, partner in the event.
The eighth “La Vendemmia”, the event promoted by Montenapoleone District in partnership with the Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia, and which brings together fashion brands and leading names in the Italian and international wine business, will be held in Milan from 9 to 15 October. The event is organized in partnership with the Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia, established in 2005 for the purpose of protecting and developing outstanding Italian wine producers by serving as an internationally and Europe-wide recognized mark of guarantee for Italian wine, but also as a driving force for all Italian wine production, to safeguard the concept of Made in Italy. To become a member of the Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia, producers have to have records of high and constant quality over a span of at least 20 years, and be considered the epitome of quality by the most authoritative guides and magazines that attest to the high level of reliability in wines of the finest quality. During last year’s event, Milan’s mayor, Giuseppe Sala, emphasized its merit: “When the best of Italian and international wines encounter high fashion, the result can only be a unique experience. For years, Milan has not only celebrated wine in all its richness and variety with “La Vendemmia”, but also made it the protagonist of the city’s luxury shopping district. So let’s see more initiatives of this kind, that give Milan’s citizens and visitors the chance to discover our city through an engaging programme of events and taste experiences.”
Supporting “La Vendemmia” and making it stronger from year to year, Guglielmo Miani, President of MonteNapoleone District, which to date represents over 150 of the world’s leading Global Luxury Brands, says “From the first year to now, the stores involved in the event have gone from 30 to 105, a surprise for our guests, who see how the choice and goods offered by some of the most attractive boutiques in the world in a unique, original context continues to increase. Among all the events we organize, it is one of the most successful as it enlivens the streets of the district also in the evenings, creating a unique atmosphere that helps make Milan on of the world’s most sought-after destinations.”
This exclusive event also gives the general public the chance to try some of Milan’s most renowned restaurants at a special price with “La Vendemmia” menu paired with a glass of wine. Every year, Milan’s luxury 5 star hotels organize special food and wine events such as specially designed menus, vertical tastings, personal meetings with sommeliers and exclusive wine experiences, and offer special “La Vendemmia” Five Star Luxury Hotel packages that include a VIP Pass to access events in the programme.
As well as tastings of the best Italian and international wines, the Shopping Experience offered by the boutiques gives invitees access on Friday and Saturday to exclusive services such as a dedicated sales assistant, delivery of purchases to their hotel or home, and after-hours openings on request.
One of the most eagerly-awaited events is without doubt the “ITALIAN MASTERS” charity auction by Christie’s to be held on Thursday, 12 October at Palazzo Bovara. As well as Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia special vintage and collectors’ fine wines, special “experiences”, unique in their kind, will be offered for the first time this year. These include dinner at award-winning restaurants associated with the winery, stays in private winery accommodation together with guided tours and tastings, or customized visits to museums created by some Comitato Members. In this way, the lucky participants will have the opportunity to get to know the area where the wine originates and meet those who produce it. The entire proceeds will be donated to Onlus Dynamo Camp, the first Recreational Therapy Camp in Italy specially structured to provide holidays free of charge for children from 6 to 17 years old with serious and chronic pathologies.
The highly-rated Wine Tasting of labels selected by the Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia and encompassing the various regions of Italy will be held on Friday 13 October in the splendid setting of Palazzo Serbelloni.
A comprehensive programme, in partnership with the 87th White Truffle Fair, is scheduled from 7 to 26 October in Alba, to provide an experience that underscores a very Italian art of living well. “La Vendemmia” event will be soon repeated for the first time in Rome, from 16 to 22 October, and in Shanghai as part of a project to promote Italy and its excellences, from fashion to jewellery, design and food, and the lifestyle much-admired by sophisticated Chinese.
The main partner Banca del Fucino Private Banking, the institutional partner Borsa Italiana along with sponsors DHL Express, Marchesi, Valverde water, Radio Monte Carlo e The Adecco Group have also confirmed their valuable support of the initiative.
“LA VENDEMMIA” 2017 RESTAURANTS
- ANTICO RISTORANTE BOEUCC Piazza Belgioso, 2; tel: +39 02 76020224
- ARMANI / BAMBOO BAR c/o ARMANI HOTEL MILANO Via Manzoni, 31; tel: +39 02 88838888
- BACARO DEL SAMBUCO (lunch only) Via Monte Napoleone, 13; tel: +39 02 76394832
- COVA MONTENAPOLEONE (lunch only) Via Monte Napoloene, 8; tel: +39 02 76005599
- DA GIACOMO Via Pasquale Sottocorno, 6; tel: +39 02 76023313
- DON LISANDER Via Manzoni 12/A tel: +39 02 76020130
- EMPORIO ARMANI CAFFÈ (lunch only) Piazzetta Croce Rossa, 2; tel: +39 0272318680
- FINGER’S Via S. Gerolamo Emiliani, 2; tel: +39 02 54122675
- FINGER’S GARDEN Via Giovanni Keplero, 2; tel: +39 02 606544
- GIACOMO ARENGARIO Via Guglielmo Marconi, 1 c/o Museo del Novecento; tel: +39 02 72093814
- GIACOMO BISTROT Via Pasquale Sottocorno, 6; tel: +39 02 76022653
- ILLY CAFFÈ Via Monte Napoleone, 19; tel: +39 02 83549386
- IL SALUMAIO DI MONTENAPOLEONE Via Santo Spirito, 10/Via Gesù 5; tel: +39 02 76001123
- LA TERRAZZA BAGLIONI Via Senato 5; tel: +39 02 77077
- MANDARIN BAR&BISTROT (dinner only) Via Andegari, 9; tel: +39 02 87318898
- MIO BAR (lunch only) Via Silvio Pellico, 3; tel: +39 02 88211234
- PANEVO Piazza della Repubblica, 20; tel: +390263364001
- PAPER MOON Via Bagutta, 1; tel: +39 02 796083
- PASTICCERIA MARCHESI (lunch only) Via Montenapoleone 9; tel: +39 02 76008238
- RISTORANTE ACANTO c/o HOTEL PRINCIPE DI SAVOIA Piazza della Repubblica, 17; tel: +39 02 62302026
- RISTORANTE BERTON (lunch only) Via Mike Bongiorno 13 tel 0267075801
- RISTORANTE BULGARI Via Fratelli Gabba 7/B tel: +39 02 8058051
- RISTORANTE CARUSO (lunch only) Via Alessandro Manzoni, 29; tel: +39 02 723141
- RISTORANTE DON CARLOS (dinner only) Via Alessandro Manzoni, 29; tel: +39 02 72314640
- T’a MILANO STORE & BISTROT Via Clerici, 1, tel: +39 02 8738 6130
- TERRAZZA GALLIA BAR & RESTAURANT Piazza Duca D’Aosta, 9; tel: +39 02 67853514
For information: www.montenapoleone.luxury/it/la-vendemmia.html
[vc_single_image image=”18541″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”]
[vc_single_image image=”18542″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”]
[vc_single_image image=”18539″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”]